Random thoughts among other things from a smelly good boy

23 October, 2008


Someone asked me the other day if I could train them. I had to say no as I didn't see any drive, I saw someone just wanting to be able to keep up. I cannot train people who are unwilling to drive themselves, hurt and see the power that comes from total commitment. This person was obviously upset and I'm now hearing that I'm an elitist.
I am: I only want to work with people that want to be elite. There is nothing wrong with being elite and knowing that you are/were once elite. We should all WANT to be elite. If you want to lose weight, stop eating so fecking much. If you want to get faster on your bike, ride harder- its really that simple. If you want to keep up with your buddies on the group ride then ride more, you don't need me to tell you what to do. It really comes down to this: if you're riding 8 hrs a week, ride 10 harder- you'll get faster.
If you want to find your limits, get over your plateaus, open your mind and push yourself, then come find me but I will not deal with people that are not committed to themselves first.
Mark Twight says it best: "The closed mind leads to stagnation, and what's the point of life without progress, or one year of experience repeated twenty times?"

3 Comments:

Blogger aRo said...

elitist.

09:41

 
Blogger Annie, The Evil Queen said...

Did this person just meet you? Didn't they get the memo in, like, 1986 that you are an elitist?

01:27

 
Blogger FstrBlly said...

I know, right? wtf?

10:44

 

Post a Comment

<< Home