Random thoughts among other things from a smelly good boy

05 April, 2008

The San Francisco Olympic torch run protest is pure stupidity.

Ah, leave it to the capital of the Left Coast to come out in droves and protest China by screaming at a torch. On April 9th a torch that represents an athletic movement, competition, a bringing together of the world's best athletes- not the host country, will be run through the streets of San Francisco. This flame, born from the sun on Mt. Olympus is not China. It isn't repressing Tibetans, or persecuting 'religious' movements, or trampling our freedoms, the freedoms that WE, and we alone, have written into our governmental documents. This torch is nothing more than a reminder that the Olympics are coming.
You really want to make China listen? You'd like to protest their actions and sock it to them where it hurts? Try this:
Don't buy any Chinese goods for the months leading up to the Olympics- its that simple. I dare you to try- I bet you can't. We've so many durable goods imported into this country that are made in China that it would be next to impossible to not buy their goods. But you can try if you're really serious about protesting. Don't cops always say 'follow the money' when looking for the persons involved in a crime? If you stop giving China your money the message will be felt and not just heard- but yelling at a torch?
That's just plain dumb, for a torch has no pockets, nor ears.

2 Comments:

Blogger Hobbsian said...

Woman Reporter: It's a big day for American cycling, to have two Americans beat an Olympic champ. You must feel some pride.

Jerome: Come on man, walk it off.

Muzzin: No, no, I'm alright. OK. I'm not riding for America lady. I tried riding for America. I spent four years of my life working shitty jobs so I could train and make the Olympic team and ride for my... Look at me! And then some fatasses in Washington started having opinions. The Olympic Committee started having opinions. You, you bitch, I know you! You started writing your opinions. So we boycott the Olympics. I was in the best shape of my life in the summer of 1980 and I got beat by opinions.

Woman Reporter: Is that why you're boycotting the victory ceremony?

Muzzin: What victory? There's two stages left.

Woman Reporter: Still, the fact remains...

Muzzin: You wouldn't know a fact if it banged you all night long!

18:35

 
Blogger BicyclePortland.net said...

It's true. It was foretold decades ago by the cannibal and yet we learned nothing

18:57

 

Post a Comment

<< Home