Random thoughts among other things from a smelly good boy

19 March, 2008

Read today that zee Germans over in Germany's Bundesliga (not to be confused with the German Bundesliga of football (soccer)) has decided to ban radios from competition.


Well, its about time. All these "tactics" can finally be learned and not spoken into an eager ear. Personally, I can't stand radios, unless of course I'm making fun of someone with my other teammates that are in on the joke. I think they're terrible and unless you've got Johan in your ear, you're probably getting bad advice or information that you already know.
---Yes I know I need to chase that break down, but due to the fact that I've been at the front all day covering moves while you, my erstwhile teammate, sit at the back barking orders into my ear- I'm a little tired at the moment, you do it!---
I remember rolling up to do some Master's world championship race in the valley somewhere and some team (you know who you are) rocked up to the line with radios. I almost fell of my bike with howling laughter and proceeded to poke fun at them all day. It was really too easy. Did they win? No. Why? Because they were getting advice and 'tactics' from other guys that have never, EVER won a P,1,2 race in their lives, or ever raced an NRC race, or ever had to make $$ at a crit in order to eat that night.
What's that story about the blind leading the blind? But I digest...
Anyway- good on some federation to finally ban them. Maybe now the youngsters will learn how to keep their heads up and in it while racing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home