Random thoughts among other things from a smelly good boy

30 April, 2008



The BMW 118d, which of course is NOT available in the U.S. of A's gets 50 mpg. It's diesel engine is rabidly economic and produces only 123 g/km of CO2. Why can't I buy this car here in the States? Why can I only get faux sports cars made by BMW that make me want to buy Oakleys and plug in my iPhone to the stereo while I drive? I don't want that shite, nor do I want a faux-eco-friendly Focus either. Their mileage and pedigree leaves a lot to be desired.

I want European cars, made in Europe with European sensibilities. Do we really have that much hubris here in America to actually believe that the cars we make are good and make sense to buy? For goodness sakes, do you really need a Venezuelan built F250 truck to drive back and forth to your cubicle? Do you really want to drive a mini van that gets only 17mpg- which is all your going to get- why? Because you're a kid sherpa- face it, and that means around town/city driving, you punter. Good Christ, why would anyone buy a car like this other than to place your tremendous rearside into an oversized cushioned barker lounger? Fatty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home