Random thoughts among other things from a smelly good boy

20 December, 2007


I get hot foot when I ride. It's just one of those things that happens to me when I put pressure on the pedals- which is one reason why I try and be as smooth as possible on the bike. My right toe yesterday felt as though I had a lighter under it the whole way up Tunitas Creek, after climbing Old, Haskins and rolling across Inland Hills. Annoying, but I finally have come to terms with my old foot beds, custom made for me at Killington Ski Shop about 6 years ago, are long past their time. When I pulled them out of my shoes yesterday afternoon I saw that I'd rubbed a hole where my right toe sits. Not good.
Now, I've tried other things, had my feet molded, dropped dollars on other 'custom' foot beds, but nothing felt like what was made for me so very long ago. One set of home heatable insoles that I'd used, made by SOLE, was very nice, but they took up a lot of room in my DMT shoes. Normally this is OK, as I have very low volume feet, but it was too much to bear and the tops of my feet were getting dug into by the velcro straps and were eventually going numb after about 2 hrs. Not good for the long races. So I've been doing research and see that SOLE now makes a low volume 'sport' insole. Maybe this new set will do the trick.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home