Random thoughts among other things from a smelly good boy

07 August, 2007

I took a little break from racing this weekend as I didn't want anyone crashing around me. M. Hernandez and I were in a breakaway when he clipped his pedal and stacked it in a corner at the Minden Master's District Criterium last weekend, which looked and sounded terrible (hope he's OK).
This past Thursday I was at Hellyer Park Velodrome and P. Dunaway decided to run into T. Granshaw as he was coming over the top. That was a nasty crash as well and one that I just narrowly avoided. I had just barely caught the breakaway (R. Kilun, T. Granshaw, P. Dunaway & J. Mendo) and was underneath it near the blue line heading for the pole lane just as they let off the gas a second. Pat swung up behind Roman and looked back just as Tim was coming over the top. Pat swung right into Tim just as he was looking back to see who was coming up underneath. Bodies and bike went crashing one story down to the left. Pat's bike went bouncing up,t he disc making this most unholy noise as it slammed back onto the track. His bike just bounced off my right calf as I dove onto the warning track, across the dirt and onto the grass to avoid it. Nasty.
Pat looked worse for wear, but was able to speak. This is a plus in the eyes of a paramedic. His shoulder looked roughed up and he was complaining about it- rightly so, as he did fall a good 10 feet if you think about it. Tim seemed OK, but for a bunch of scrapes and a banged up right claw. Maybe no tick tack on the keyboard for a few days.
Hope everyone heals up all right!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home