Random thoughts among other things from a smelly good boy

23 July, 2007

After you get your wisdom teeth out and you pound antibiotics for a full 5 days (at 4 pills a day) all you really want to do is ride your bike, or so I'm told. I did try to ride yesterday and that was rough. 2 days off make me really stiff and being on antibiotics made it worse. I got up to Old Jane Fonda (3.3 miles with 1330' elevation gain) and turned left to go up the hill despite just wanting to go for an easy ride. My HR spiked to 170 bpm (I usually cruise up it at a much lower HR for the same wattage) and never came down. I was fecked! I even tried to surge then back off, hoping my HR would come down. No, not so much. I just wanted to vomit.


Note to all that get wisdom teeth removed: Antibiotics, 20 episodes of Law and Order, too much sleep, couch time and a liquid diet make not one fast on bike- though I am 10 grams lighter now- watch out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home