Random thoughts among other things from a smelly good boy

02 July, 2007

I actually raced my bike this weekend! I was thinking that racing would clear my head a little nd it did, for a little while anyway.
Blanco, Yeah Yeah, Ed and I packed into Y-Y's Honda and headed out to Leesville Gap RR for the Master's race. We toyed with the idea of doing the Pro 1,2- but we opted out of that one. I was way too hung over and really didn't feel like lining up with 13 Cal Strawberries. When a race has that many team members in it, regardless of team, the race gets negative and guys start 'blocking' and then Monday morning quarterbacks will talk shite and blah, blah, blah.
So we did the Masters race, which was fun. Hard, but fun. There will still guys that couldn't figure out simple physics, like relative chase group speed to break away speed (guys not realizing that they were going to be dragged up to the break but still wouldn't pull because teammates up the road, blah, blah, blah), but it was still fun racing. I got totally dropped by C. Phipps (sp?) on the climb but was lucky that he let off the gas a little and I caught up to him while pounding my frame into pieces down the descent. A Spine guy caught up a little later and we were off in a 3 man break. I was pretty sure that my vertebrae were shattered as I lost all power in my right leg with about 30km to go. I somehow hung on to the guys, who were riding really well, then got totally outsmarted in the sprint. The Spine (Brendan, I think) guy went past, I started to close, but ran out of power and meters.
Oh well, it was fun to finally race, and to clear my head of upcoming issues (that everyone likes to blog about, apparently) for a little while.
Ed ended up 5th, with a strong ride, but both Yeah Yeah and Blanco flatted out while both riding really well in the chase group. We hit the deli, wacked back some turkey sambos, jumped in the car, headed back to the Pee-Nin-Sue-Ya, and headed to the theater for the new Die Hard. Nice!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home