Random thoughts among other things from a smelly good boy

24 April, 2007

You want to hear some wacked out shite?
But of course you do-

My Dad, who drives an MGB, was getting on the L.I.E. from Main St. (my old school hood) heading towards the City when he got rear ended by an 18 wheeler who was doing his impression of Cannonball Run. The impact sent my Pops spinning across 3 lanes. He ended up pointing towards oncoming traffic heading towards the highway divider; he then ran up onto the concrete barrier, which lurched the car up into flight. He then landed upside down, crushing the winshield and rag top. Some fireman and police officer who were on the highway behind stopped and got out of their cars. They heard my Dad yelling for help and they lifted the car up onto its side and my Dad climbed out. He had a single solitary scratch on his head- that was it.

A butterfly flicked its wings in Central Park? Makes me wonder....

Needless to say, my Dad is okeydokey and back to his martinis at cocktail hour and he's thinking about putting a roll bar into his next MG.

4 Comments:

Blogger PNWBuckeye said...

Glad to hear your pops is ok

02:35

 
Blogger Miller said...

Go go Gordon!!

22:17

 
Blogger Annie, The Evil Queen said...

Jesus, Mary and Joseph! I'm so glad he's all right. Your Mom must have flipped. He surely used up one on his nine lives.

00:44

 
Blogger FstrBlly said...

Werd. Of course they thanked J.C. and his angels. I let them have that one and didn't argue.
Nutty, huh?

18:57

 

Post a Comment

<< Home