Random thoughts among other things from a smelly good boy

31 December, 2006


This site is cool, but I had a thought the other morning, whilst sipping my black cup 'o joe- why not write or compile a cookbook for cyclists. I mean, I like riding (most days) and I like cooking (almost as much as I like eating) and most bike racers resign themselves to a burrito post race/ride/workout because it's easy. I understand the rationale, but why not quick recipes as well as the favorite recipes of some "pros" and some pros that I know. I use quotations, but that's another column- just bear with me.
I think that this could actually become something, and with all the home publishing done nowadays, it could become a real book sooner than I think. I'll have to poke around and get some of my favorite quick recipes on paper and send out some e-mails and see what kind of response I get.
Any favorites you'd like to share? You'll get full props, so give me your name or initials and who you learned it from (mom, g-ma, Gordon Ramsey, etc).Post them in the comment box or e-mail me a recipe (preferably one that takes 30-45 minutes from start to eating) to whydecaf@hotmail.com.
Please send out the link to this blog entry as well and let's get the ball rolling. Maybe I'll just end up publishing all the recipes I get here, but either way, let's share the knowledge of good, healthy, quickly-made food that'll make the legs turn the pedals faster!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Miller said...

I'm in....giddy up...Tell your wife to send me the Biscotti recipe and I'll submit that!

21:52

 
Blogger FstrBlly said...

thieving Arab

20:10

 

Post a Comment

<< Home